Photographs are a time machine. They allow us to relive moments and reconnect with children, family and selves from years past.
In the blur of new parenthood, we lose track of just how small a newborn baby’s hands were as they wrap around our finger. We forget the wrinkles in their feet. As we get excited about our toddler learning to walk, we quickly move past their bowed legs as they take their first steps. We forget just how round our belly was when we were pregnant. Photographs help bring back those memories. It is why I fell in love with photography.
My favorite images are those that capture the really small gestures: happy or sad — the way a kid holds a pencil when they draw… the way they look at a leaf in the park… the way they pout. The portraits preserve their appearance and personality, all in one.
I want to document your family’s journey, and give you the chance to relive these memories.
I want my portraits to capture you…. being you, being comfortable… being yourselves.
Welcome to Zemya Photography! Thank you for taking the time to visit my site.
I am Ava, pronounced Ah-va. Like Lava. I’m a recovering nerd with a sarcastic sense of humor.
My love for photography grew along with my family. Documenting a holiday trip is just as important to me as capturing our boys playing lego on our living room floor. Looking at each photograph takes me back to those moments, and brings me joy. I want to share that with you.
I specialize in:
- maternity photography, capturing the last few weeks of pregnancy, anticipating the new person you get to meet
- newborn photography, documenting your baby’s first moments in your home
- child photography, preserving memories of your kid’ infant rolls, toddler waddles, pre-school sassy-ness and young adult attitude
- family photography, showing the connection between you and your loved ones
I primarily work in the Bay Area mid-Peninsula cities of Atherton, Belmont, Brisbane, Burlingame, Colma, Daly City, Foster City, Hillsborough, Menlo Park, Millbrae, Pacifica, Portola Valley, Redwood City, San Bruno, San Carlos, San Mateo, South San Francisco, and Woodside, but would happily travel to a location special to you.
Loading recent session highlights…
What My Clients Say
- Ava is a friend and a talented photographer. When I asked her to take our family photos, she squeezed us in her busy schedule without hassle, and we… read more-M F.
- Yesterday was our family photography session and I loved the location. We had the mini-session which was great because my sons are both under 3 years of… read more-Jessica C.
- Ava is very professional and easy to work with. We booked her for a one hour session for me, my husband, and our 6 month-old daughter. Ava made us feel very… read more-Sara A.